On November 7-8, 2019, the third Training of Trainers took place in Tianjin, P.R. China. The topic of the Training was Technology Transfer for Sustainable Development — Contracts and the Triple Helix. The Training was organized and hosted by Nankai University School of Law.
The workshops were delivered by the experts from the European partner universities:
- Prof. Anselm Kamperman Sanders, Professor of Intellectual Property Law, Director of the Institute for Globalisation and International Regulation, Maastricht University
- Prof. Meir Pugatch, Professor of Valorisation, Entrepreneurship and Management, Maastricht University
- Prof. Dick van Engelen, Professor of Intellectual Property Litigation and Transaction Practice, Maastricht University
- Dr. Dariusz Kasprzycki, Chair of Intellectual Property Law, Jagiellonian University
- Dr. Justyna Ożegalska-Trybalska, Chair of Intellectual Property Law, Jagiellonian University.
During the 1.5-day Training, the trainers discussed IP Management and Technology Transfer at Universities from different perspectives, among others contracts in IP management, public-private partnerships and technology exploitation and universities legal clinics as an IP management tool. The training modules were followed by the workshop on practical implementation and integration.
The Training also included a presentation of the EU-China IP Academic Network (EUCIPAN) – an initiative aimed at supporting exchange between the EU and Chinese universities with specialised programs in the field of Intellectual Property.
The Training was attended by approximately 60 participants, both from the university environment and legal practice.
Further trainings on IP Management and Technology Transfer will be delivered in the form of online workshops via this website. In order to access the workshops, please go here. Online workshops are free of charge, but registration is required.
The Training of Trainers Event is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.